SEPTEMBER 5, 2013
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by President Robin Lipinski at 10:05 a.m. Present were Robin Lipinski, Pat Hurt, Barbara Macy, John Urbahn, Annelle Urbahn and Cathy Little. Absent were Bonnie Bruce and Steve Lloyd.
Reading and Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting: Barbara Macy moved that the minutes be approved, seconded by Robin Lipinski and agree upon by all present.
Treasurer's Report: Treasurer Pat Hurt reported that our legal fees now total $6500.00 The road signs cost $134.00, and a $60.00 donation was made to the library. Income was $1385.00 giving a balance of $128,000.00 in the checking and money market accounts. Robin questioned Pat as to the TRR status as profit or non-profit. Pat explained the non-profit status. Cathy Little moved that the Treasurer's report be accepted, seconded by John Urbahn and agreed upon by all present.
Lot Owner Construction and Property Sales: Secretary Cathy Little reported that Lots 81 and 82 have been sold and we will receive $1504.00 at closing from the liens on these properties. Sale is pending on Lot 21B. There still has not been a pre-approval form submitted by the owners of Lot 105 where construction is well underway. Groundbreaking has begun on Shuck Creek Road. A property that had been transferred a few years ago to another person, without a title search, left an outstanding lien of $804.00. Evidently the transfer was to avoid paying the outstanding dues and the original owner still makes use of the property as the "significant other" of the person with the recorded ownership. Barbara Macy moved that a small claims action be filed on the original owner, seconded by Robin Lipinski and agreed upon by all present. Pat will initiate the claim.
Website: Cathy reported two additional attempts at hacking in the past 10 days. The hosting company is investigating and will monitor our site more closely.
Roads and Equipment: John Urbahn says Cory should be back this month. The backhoe will be moved today and brought to Hinkley's to check out the radiator. John will also install a new lock on the rock rake and see if he can fix the ratchet that was bent last year. Robin said he has not taken care of the tree on Gregory Creek Road yet. Robin also questioned what he should be telling those who inquire about the snow removal fund. Pat explained the "kitty" and that donations to it are voluntary although most property owners who donate just add $100.00 to their association dues. If any property owner in Phase III wishes to have an association road plowed, the charge is $40.00 per hour - clocked from the time the equipment is started up until its return to its parking place. Robin reported that he spoke with two equipment operators to provide maintenance of our roads but neither was interested. Robin also suggested the possibility of having a TRR property owner who resides here year round be contracted to maintain our roads and provide snow removal if indicated. Robin also revisited the purchase of a truck-mounted sprayer so we could do our own weed abatement. TRR could also rent it out to property owners for a daily rate and agreed-on contract. Pat also offered his property for the storage of our equipment and fuel tank. Robin will write draft agreements for an equipment operator, sprayer rental and use of Pat's property. Cathy will include an "advertisement" for an equipment operator in the November newsletter.
Non-Compliance Issue: Pat Hurt reported that mediation will take place on September 30, 2013, at the Idaho County Courthouse.
From the Floor:
· Annelle Urbahn questioned whether our covenants allowed for permanent housing of campers on properties that do not have a residence. It was explained, although interpreted by some as unsightly, our Covenants allow "recreational" use of properties, and infrequent use of such campers is allowed. However, as discussed before, additions or lean-tos on a camper are not allowed. Annelle also mentioned the many mercury vapor lights on the ranch and cited covenants from another sub-division that disallowed such lights. Annelle will write up her thoughts on these issues for possible discussion at the Annual Meeting.
Next Meeting: Barring any unforeseen problems, our next Board meeting will be on January 9, 2014.
President Robin Lipinski adjourned the meeting at 11:55 a.m.
June 27, 2013
Call to Order:
The meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by President Robin Lipinski at 10:05 a.m. Present were Robin Lipinski, Stephen Lloyd, Annelle Urbahn, John Urbahn, Pat Hurt, and Cathy Little. Absent were Bonnie Bruce and Barbara Macy.
Reading and Approval of Minutes from the Last Meeting: Pat Hurt moved that the minutes of the Board meeting held on June 14, 2013, be accepted, seconded by Stephen Lloyd and agreed on by all present. There is no change to the officers of the Board.
Treasurer's Report: Treasurer Pat Hurt listed the expenditures for the month of June. We spent $215.00 on the annual meeting, $775.00 in legal fees, $108.00 for postage, and $150.00 for gift certificates for outgoing Board members. Liens were re-filed on June 17th to reflect payments received since the last filing. Pat also reported on the work being done by the pond. Steve Dalgleish has purchased all the supplies needed and will capture several springs to pipe under the road to the pond. Pat also said that the property owner, on whose land the springs exist, only wanted Mr. Dalgleish to do the work. Additionally, the one-lane and weight limit signs are ready to be posted. John Urbahn moved that the Treasurer's Report be accepted, seconded by Stephen Lloyd and agreed on by all present.
Website: Cathy Little asked, given the comments that were made at the Annual Meeting regarding the content of Board minutes and newsletters, if any changes should be made to the content of the website. Discussion ensued and it was agreed by all present to make no changes to the website. Inclusion of what might be seen by some as "negative,' in fact, shows that the Board is dealing with issues that impact all property owners.
Lot Owner Construction: Cathy reported on the homes currently under construction. One property owner submitted plans for a residence but failed to fill out a pre-approval form. A form will be mailed to him. Stephen Lloyd submitted plans and the pre-approval form for his residence which was approved by the Board members present.
Appointment of Road Commissioner and Backup: John Urbahn agreed to be Road Commissioner, Stephen Lloyd his backup, as agreed on by all Board members present.
From the Floor:
· Fire Tree and Map Updating for Fire Department and QRU: Cathy Little reported that she met with the Fire Department to update TRR maps with new homes and also marked maps with ponds that are situated to easily fill a fire truck. Cathy also started getting coordinates of all residences using GPS. Phase II and most of Phase I are completed. Stephen Lloyd has agreed to obtain the coordinates for the remaining homes in Phase I and all of Phase III. Cathy will enter the coordinates in digital format for the Fire Department and QRU. The "Fire Tree" is completed and three residents have agreed to do calling of residents in event of a fire. TRR has been divided into 6 "fire corridors" and only residents in the direct path of a fire (using those corridors) will be called. Robin Lipinski questioned whether we have ever initiated education of residents as to fire prevention or what to do in case of a fire. Cathy reported that we have had representatives from both Salmon River Rural Fire Department and the White Bird Fire Department speak at our annual meeting, and important points have been posted on our website on the This and That page.
· Equipment/Road Maintenance Concerns: Robin Lipinski would like to do a feasibility study to put out a bid for road maintenance for the entire year. It was questioned that if we did contract those services, would the need to have our own equipment, given the cost of fuel and maintenance, be required. Robin was also concerned with vandalism to the equipment and the danger of a fuel spill with housing the diesel tank on private property. Pat will get several years of the costs related to equipment for Robin by our next meeting and the Board will revisit this issue.
· Weed Spraying: Robin also discussed the inadequate weed abatement for this year and questioned whether it might be more cost-effective, in the long run, to purchase our own tank and sprayer. Cathy had found a truck-mountable tank with Honda engine at Northern Tools for $2800.00. Stephen Lloyd mentioned that we also might consider, if the tank were to be purchased, renting it out to property owners who wanted to spray their own properties. Since weed abatement has been done for this season, the Board will revisit this idea at a later date but all agreed that his was a good idea.
· Discharge of Firearms: Cathy reported on the property owner who was firing high powered rifles using tracer bullets last month. Six property owners witnessed this behavior which occurred well after dark with the shots going over adjoining properties and BLM land. The Sheriff's Department was notified. Several of the nearby residents also wanted the Board to send a letter to the property owner to express our concerns regarding this nuisance behavior and the potential for igniting a fire. A draft of the letter was circulated, and those present agreed to send the letter.
· Annelle Urbahn wondered if we should pay ahead for several months of the rental to City Hall for our meetings. Given the fact that we break for the winter and carry out a lot of business using email, it was agreed to just pay as we use the facility.
Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be on September 5, 2013, at 10 a.m. in City Hall.
Adjournment: Stephen Lloyd moved that the meeting be adjourned, seconded by Cathy Little and agreed on by all present. President Robin Lipinski adjourned the meeting at 11:50 a.m.
June 14, 2013
Call to Order
: Vice President Pat Hurt opened the meeting at 11:35 a.m. and welcomed the new Board members. Present were Pat Hurt, John Urbahn, Annelle Urbahn, Cathy Little and new members Robin Lipinski, Stephen Lloyd and Bonnie Bruce. Absent was Barbara Macy.