Newsletters are mailed to property owners twice a year. The November newsletter includes an invoice for payment of annual dues. The May newsletter announces the annual meeting and includes a proxy to vote. "This and That" will be updated monthly and will include local happenings and topics of interest. It can be accessed at the bottom right-hand corner of this page.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING AND PICNIC
The Annual Meeting and Picnic will again be held in conjunction with White Bird Days this year. The meeting will be in Hoot's Cafe on Friday, June 14th from 10:30 until noon. Coffee, tea and pastries will be provided at the meeting. The picnic will follow the meeting at Killgore Adventures on White Bird Creek. If it is raining, we will stay at Hoot's. Meat, drinks, condiments and tableware will be furnished but salads and desserts will be most appreciated from those who are attending.
A detailed financial report will be provided at the meeting as a handout.
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS FOR THE BOARD
There are five open positions for the Board of Directors this year - four three year terms and one one year term. If you would like to serve on the Board or recommend someone, please contact a director. Nominations from the floor will also be taken at the Annual Meeting. If you have paid your annual dues, including any late interest and filing fees, a Proxy to Vote is included in the mailed newsletter. If you cannot attend the meeting, please complete the Proxy and mail it to P.O. Box 130, White Bird 83554. Only Proxies that are mailed directly to Twin River Ranch will be accepted for voting.
· Be sure to visit our website at www.twinriverranch.com.
· Again, a disk containing the Bylaws and CC&Rs will be available at the Annual Meeting. The documents can also be emailed by the secretary on request. Large maps of the ranch are also available on request and less expensive than purchasing them from the Assessor's Office. Phase One is four sheets and Phases Two and Three are two sheets each and are priced at $2.50 a sheet.
· Don't forget to submit a pre-approval plan if you intend to build a residence. Forms will be available at the meeting but can also be accessed on our website.
· Summer is coming - remember, no open burning after May 10th without a special permit to do so. The burning ban is on until the end of October.
· Please keep us posted if you change your mailing address! With fire season approaching, if you have not yet sent in a phone number where you can be reached, please do so soon.
· Please respect your neighbors and do not throw trash on association roads - that includes food wrappers, beer and pop cans and cigarette butts. In addition to the trash being unsightly, F&G says the deer love the cigarettes and the filters are not good for their digestive systems!
· Speed limit (20mph) signs have been posted on the ranch - please drive carefully on our roads.
· Out of towners can find accommodations at one of White Bird's motels or park motor homes, trailers or tents at Angel's Nook or Swiftwater. Phone numbers are posted on our website.
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN JUNE!
Finally, October brought a bit of rain and after three months of drought the moisture was very welcome. The rain at least bedded down the dust and quieted our local fires. Although there's been some snow on the high peaks, it still has been unseasonably warm at our elevation, and what tomatoes the deer have not consumed are still ripening on the vines.
ASSOCIATION DUES: An invoice for the 2013 dues is enclosed with the newsletter. Please remember to pay by December 31st and avoid lien placement. For those residents who would like to contribute to the snow removal fund, please include your "donation" with your annual dues.
ROADS AND EQUIPMENT: Several new tires were purchased for the equipment this fall. Roads are in need of repair to get rid of the washboards, and a few of the worst areas have been graded these past few weeks. Our equipment operators have been busy working for the Forest Service in fire suppression and helping to clear downed timber and grade forest roads, but hopefully their job at the fires is almost done.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Mailed
LOT OWNER CONSTRUCTION: Several new homes are in the process of construction and their designs are unique and will look great when completed. A big welcome to the new residents!
WEBSITE: Don't forget to periodically check our website. (www.twinriverranch.com) Pictures would be most welcome, suggestions too, and don't forget that we have a properties for sale page if you are interested in listing your property. Pre-approval plans are still required before breaking ground for your home and the forms are available at the bottom right of the Directors page. The form has been changed a bit to give the Board an idea about what the structure will look like.
· The president and secretary of the Salmon River Rural Fire Department resigned this past summer and no replacements have been decided on as yet. However, annual dues are still required to protect your property and are now mailed to the Salmon River Rural Fire Department, c/o Thompson and Company, P.O. Box 340, Grangeville, ID 83530. Dues are currently $85.00 per year.
· Plan ahead for next year's Annual Meeting and Picnic, again to be held on Father's Day weekend in conjunction with White Bird Days. Our meeting will be on Friday, June 14, 2013. Notice will again be sent with the May newsletter.
· Please be mindful of county and state regulations before building your homes. State Codes, as well as TRR CC&Rs, are very specific as to what is required, and, in some cases, there are fines for violations.
· A Fire Telephone Tree has been developed for those property owners who have a building on their property. Since the fire danger is over for this year, the tree will not be mailed to residents until next May. Several property owners did not respond to the request for a telephone number to add to the tree. If you have a building on your property, and if even here only intermittently, please include a number (local or cell) on your invoice where you can be reached in case of a fire.
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON!
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING AND PICNIC
The Annual Meeting and Picnic will be held in conjunction with White Bird Days again this year. The meeting will take place on Friday, June 15, 2012, at Hoot’s Café from 10:30 until noon. A picnic will follow the meeting at Killgore Adventures (depending on the weather). Meats, drinks, condiments and tableware will be furnished. Salads and desserts will be most appreciated from those who are attending the picnic. The food was great last year and hopefully those same good cooks will be here again in June.
A detailed financial report will be available at the Annual Meeting. Thirteen properties are still in arrears for association dues.
Although this information may seem redundant to some, it may be new to new owners:
· Please drop us a line if your address changes or you sell your property.
· Join the Salmon River Rural Fire Department for protection of your property…send your $85.00 to SRRFD, P.O. Box 44, Riggins, ID 83549.
· Be sure to visit our website at www.twinriverranch.com. All newsletters, minutes from the Annual Meeting, and minutes from Board of Directors meetings are included, along with area maps, a Contacts page, and monthly news under This and That.
· The CC&Rs require a pre-approval form to be completed before starting your home. This form is downloadable from the website on the Directors page. Forms will also be available at the Annual Meeting.
· A disk containing the Bylaws and CC&Rs is available for those who would like it. Please let the secretary know and the disk will be available at the Annual Meeting.
· Please drive carefully and keep your speed down on TRR! The curves and steep areas can be very dangerous. Please do not toss lit cigarettes out your car window...beer cans and other trash as well should not be discarded on our roads.
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS FOR THE BOARD
There are five open positions this year – four three year terms and one two year term. Director Jared Brake, Treasurer Pat Hurt and Director John Urbahn are seeking re-election. If you would like to serve on the Board or recommend someone, please contact a Director. Nominations from the floor will also be taken at the Annual Meeting. If you have paid your annual dues, a Proxy to Vote is included in this newsletter. If you cannot attend the June meeting, please complete the Proxy and mail it to P.O. Box 130, White Bird, ID 83554. Only Proxies that are mailed directly to P.O. Box 130 will be accepted for voting.
We hope to see you on Friday, June 15, 2012, at Hoot’s Café at 10:30 a.m! Coffee and Pastries will be provided.
NOTE: The Proxies to Vote were already printed before another Board position opened. You may add another vote to your Proxy if you want to include five names on this ballot.