Ninety-eight dump truck loads of grading F gravel was laid down this spring. Eighty loads were delivered and spread over two days. The 18 loads we had stock piled last year was spread a few weeks later. The majority of the gravel went on Big Canyon, Hammer Creek, Bucks Blvd and Gregory Creek. The rest went to problem areas throughout the ranch.
The unimproved section of Pine Ridge was cleared of brush and rocks for access by firefighting equipment and property owners. A sign was placed at the beginning of the unimproved section indicating that the property was private and that this was an unimproved road.
• Graded as needed and weather permitted.
• Plowed from November through April as needed. Pilgrim Ridge was plowed this winter until the snow drifts got too deep, it was cleared this spring when enough snow had melted to allow equipment to get in. If we need to keep this road open throughout the winter some other type of equipment such as a large snow blower will need to be purchased.
• Sprayed all roads last August and the lower roads in late May .
• Upper roads will be sprayed later this month
• Replaced the starter.
• Replace some of the carbide inserts on the blade.
• Worked on the air brake system. A fuse and air lines were replace. The brakes continue to lock up at times. To date we have been able to get them unlocked but this will need to be addressed.
• Replace a damaged tire. All of the tires will need to be replaced within the next few years.
• The grader motor has numerous leaks and is burning oil, an engine rebuild will be needed at some time in the near future.
• Repaired the 4×4 actuator.
• New front brakes and a wheel bearing.
• New rear tires.
• Repaired the pump on the weed sprayer.