Twin River Ranch Property Owners Association
Annual Members Meeting Minutes
Hoots Cafe, White Bird
Call to Order: President Pete DeSantis called the Annual Meeting of the Twin River Ranch Property Owners Association (“TRRPOA”) to order at 10:32 AM. President DeSantis announced that there would be no video or audio recording of the meeting as he objected, and under State law, recording cannot occur if there is an objection. President DeSantis also announced that nominations and voting for new Board members would be the first item on the agenda, and that voting on the two proposed covenant changes would also occur at this time. Board members require over 50% of the vote, and the covenant proposals require 75% of the vote.
Nomination and Election of Board Members:
- Joe Thyne (Mr. Thyne was already on the ballot as he had submitted his candidate statement prior to the meeting notice and agenda being sent out).
The following property owners were nominated from the floor for the open board positions:
- Pat Hurt, nominated by self, seconded by Deryl Little;
- Cathy Little, nominated by self, seconded by a Susan Schubert and others;
- Kristin Donaldson, nominated by Cathy Little, seconded by Robin Lipinski;
- Debbie Little, nominated by Cathy Little, seconded by Kelly Lesquereux;
- Don DeSa, nominated by self, seconded by several;
- John Urbahn, nominated by Barbara Macy, seconded by several;
- Richard Dunford, nominated by Janice Short, seconded by several.
Proposed Amendments to Covenants: The proposed amendments were mailed with the Annual Meeting notice. To summarize:
- Article 7, Section 7.3, Duties of the Association, Subsection “d”: Other than routine road maintenance and emergency road repairs, expenditures in excess of $5,000 will require a vote of 75% of the membership.
- Section 8.4, Maximum Regular Assessments: Starting January 1, 2020, and ending December 31, 2026, dues will increase on all lots by $50 per year. The money, $75,600, would be used to fund reconstruction of Shuck Creek Road from Hammer Creek Road to the fully widened and graveled portion of Shuck Creek Road.
Voting Commenced. Ballots were collected, and the meeting resumed at 11:02 AM.
President’s Message: President DeSantis thanked Board members for their service and thanked Robin Lipinski for his service as equipment operator. He welcomed the new property owners members.
Treasurer’s Report: President DeSantis asked if there were any questions on the report, and there were none. He had answered an earlier question on the difference between projected and actual income from membership fees. The difference is because fees for the coming year that were paid in December were counted in the current year and then carried over to the next year. He said the treasurer has the option to hold those fees and not deposit them until the new year as a previous treasurer had done. A financial report was submitted by the Treasurer and will be included in the mailing of the Annual Meeting minutes.
Road and Equipment Report: Mastication is complete and came in at $1600 under budget. $7,500 has been carried over for graveling Phases II and III and will be done this year as there will be a crusher in the area which will greatly reduce the cost of hauling the gravel.
From the Floor: Members expressed the following:
- Displeasure with improving Shuck Creek Road.
- Concern about wood and brush left behind from mastication.
- Trees and brush won’t recover from the mastication.
- Article V, residents are responsible for upkeep of their lot.
- Pilgrim Ridge was not masticated because the gate was believed to be locked by a resident. Locking the gate is illegal, but it was reported by a resident that the gate is only wired shut. Pilgrim Ridge is overgrown and UPS drivers, cement trucks and the grader are not able to pass through it. Members can volunteer to clear it.
- Board members are not enemies; they are neighbors so cut them some slack.
- Cathy Little thanked those that donated for the picnic.
- Debbie Little thanked Robin for his quick response when Shuck Creek was facing washout.
- Pat Hurt, 3 year term
- Debbie Little, 3 year term
- John Urbahn, 3 year term
- Cathy Little, 1 year term
- Kristin Donaldson, 2 year term
- Don DeSa, 1 year term
Amendments Results: Both proposed amendments failed to get the required number of votes.
Meeting Adjourned at 11:48