TWIN RIVER RANCH
PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 130
WHITE BIRD, IDAHO 83554
Greetings to all Members of the Twin River Ranch Property Owner’s Association. It’s August, so it’s fire season; each day brings new alerts on the InciWeb website, and a substantial portion of the fires currently burning in Idaho are human-caused. Some Members have noticed a significant increase in cigarette butts on TRR-maintained roads. Please, PLEASE keep your cigarettes in your home or in your vehicle. An errant cigarette butt could have disastrous consequences. We all need to be especially careful until cooler and wetter weather returns, hopefully in October.
While the Annual Meeting of the Members took place in June, some items of business were not fully resolved. This mailing is primarily to inform you of items that are still under discussion and to seek your input.
ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS
Eight Members ran for two open positions on the Board of Directors. Regrettably, none of the eight received enough votes to be elected. Roberts Rules of Order explains that the most appropriate action is to continue with another round of balloting, and the Board believes that the most viable method is to provide a mail-in ballot. Two candidates have withdrawn; the six that remain are: Dale Jensen, Darrin Malinowski, Tammara Otto, John Raynor, Susan Schubert and Joe Thyne. The Board invited each candidate to provide a brief biography, and that information can be found on beginning on page 18.
At the annual meeting in June, Tammara Otto moved that a special meeting be held to remove Pietro DeSantis from the Twin River Ranch Board of Directors. The required 10 percent of the Members agreed with her. Therefore, a Special Meeting of the Members has been scheduled by the Board for 10AM on September 15, 2018, at the old White Bird School Building. Given that many of the Members do not live in the area, the Board felt the most appropriate approach to Ms. Otto’s request was again to provide a ballot by mail, with the results to be announced at the Special Meeting after discussion related to the request.
To that end, the Ballot that is included in this package, on the separate colored page, has two sections. In Section I, you will vote for TWO of the six names to be new TRRPOA Board members. In Section II, you will vote Yes or No to the ballot proposal to remove Pietro DeSantis from the Board. Please return your ballots promptly. YOUR PROPERLY EXECUTED BALLOT/PROXY FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CORPORATION’S SECRETARY PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 15, 2018. PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM TO THE TWIN RIVER RANCH PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, P.O. BOX 130, WHITE BIRD, IDAHO 83554.
CHANGES TO BYLAWS
Two years ago, the Board promised to make changes to the Bylaws to make them easier to read, align them with current Idaho law, and to incorporate earlier revisions in the body of the bylaws. This work has been completed, and the proposed revised Bylaws are included for your review. A particular thank-you should go to Margaret DeSantis, who re-typed the current Bylaws document to allow for changes to be shared with you and to minimize legal fees.
The New Bylaws draft begins on page 5. Please note that all changes will be in bold type with proposed deletions shown in strikethrough. The Board will vote to adopt these changes at their next scheduled meeting at 1PM, September 15, 2018, at the old White Bird School building. Members are invited to attend.
The TRRPOA Board of Directors adopted Rules governing how it conducts business on behalf of the Association at its July 21, 2018, Board meeting. Adoption of the Rules was the final step in the three steps required by the Bylaws for the Board to adopt, amend, or repeal Rules. Please find these on
Page 4. They are being sent to you as required by the Covenants/Bylaws.
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES
The proposed minutes of the Annual Member meeting held on June 15, 2018 are attached on pages 16 and 17.
TWIN RIVER RANCH
PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
SEPTEMBER 15, 2018 – 10AM
White Bird School Building
Call to Order — President Pete DeSantis
Discussion related to the request to remove Pietro DeSantis from the TRRPOA Board
Presentation of Board of Directors Ballot Results, Results of Ballot to Remove Pietro DeSantis from TRRPOA Board
Rules, Twin River Ranch Property Owner Association
Both the Bylaws and the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions say that the Board can make rules. These rules are to be applied equally to all owners and will not be inconsistent with either the Bylaws or the Declaration. If the Board makes rules, they need to be mailed to all the property owners.
Rules can also help Members understand what the Board does. So rather than a prescriptive set of rules targeted at the Members, the Board wants to make Members aware of what they can expect from the Board. These Rules can be changed at any time.
The Board will generally meet once every two months, but will meet more often if the need arises. Occasionally, the board must action an item between meetings. In that instance, the action will be approved by a majority of the Board, and will also be documented at the next Board meeting.
- Board meetings will be open to Members. The Board will establish a meeting schedule on the TRRPOA website. The future meeting schedule may be amended from time to time to accommodate Board Member schedules. An agenda will be posted 30 days in advance of the scheduled meeting. If there are any changes a final agenda will be posted to the website 15 days in advance of the scheduled meeting. Members are welcome to address concerns to the board in the comment period that will be on the agenda at the beginning of each meeting.
- Minutes of meetings are drafted by the Secretary, and then sent to Board members for interim approval. When that approval is received, the minutes are posted on the TRRPOA website. That way, Members can see what has been discussed in a timely manner. The same minutes are formally accepted at the next meeting. Many of the items that the Board discusses are related to individual members. As such, minutes posted on the website will always be redacted to remove Members’ names.
- The Board takes its obligations seriously, but is not policing TRR for infractions/issues. If a Member has a complaint, it must be raised to the Board in writing. The Board fully expects that the disagreeing parties have already attempted to resolve their issues themselves. The Board will use its best efforts to limit its involvement to items in the Bylaws and Covenants where the Board has a specific obligation to protect the interests of the Membership as a whole.
- The Bylaws provide the Board with the authority to levy an interest rate on past due assessments. The Board has set that rate at 5% per annum.
- The Bylaws also provide the Board with the authority to file liens for moneys owed by members. If a lien is filed, the Board will add a $30 fee to cover the cost of certified mailings to the delinquent Member, the cost of filing the lien, and proactively, the cost to file its release.
Please find the copy of RESTATED BYLAWS with all markup and strikes, in the pdf link below. (Official Twin River Ranch Property Owners Association Bylaws uploaded and posted 10-16-18)