Twin River Ranch Board of Directors Planning Meeting for Annual Meeting
White Bird Library
10: AM, May 20, 2022
The meeting was called to order by John Urbahn, Vice President, at 10AM at the White Bird Library. Also present were Debbie Little, Treasurer; Cathy Little, Fire Tree; Kristin Donaldson, Webmaster; Wolfgang Schubert, Road Chair; and Susan Schubert, Secretary. Guests in attendance were Shelly and Mark Frayser and Mike and Megan McQuillan.
Treasurers Report. Debbie distributed the Income Statement with a comparison to the Annual Budget for the four months ending April 30, 2022. A copy will be filed with the minutes but not posted on the website. Those wishing a copy can contact Debbie and request one. Debbie noted that the amount spent for gravel – material and hauling – was significantly over budget resulting in not being able to move money into the reserve account and instead needing to pull money out of the reserve account to cover the expense. She asked why the additional expense had not been approved by the Board first. Wolfgang responded that he thought the amount spent had been budgeted and took responsibility for the overage. The overage was the result of purchasing and laying down 80 loads of Grading F gravel, mostly on Hammer Creek and a few other areas, and laying down another previously purchased 18 loads on Gregory and Shuck Creek.
Debbie also reported that all those who paid partial dues, not paying the 20% increase, had paid the additional 20% once liens were placed on their property. There are still a few members who have not paid their 2022 dues, and Debbie will continue to try and collect.
Debbie presented a CC&Rs Review Submittal Form for signature. All Board members had previously approved it via email, and the owner had been notified of the approval. Susan will mail him the signed copy.
Annual Meeting Planning.
Candidates: Seven candidates are now running for three positions, including Debbie running for reelection: Mark Frayser, JP Goding, Jeff Dickson, Gordon Ross, Jerry Bentz, and David Bennett. David’s candidate statement was received after the required deadline and was not mailed out with the newsletter, but it will be distributed at the meeting. He was also listed as a candidate in the May newsletter and agenda which has been posted online. Candidates will be given three minutes to answer: 1) what are their ideas for improving road maintenance; 2) do they feel covenants are important and why or why not; 3) what value or skills can they bring to the Board.
Food Items: The Board will be providing deviled eggs, buns, bratwurst, hamburgers and hot dogs, condiments, sliced onions and tomatoes, drinks (soda, beer, water) and ice, potato salad, paper goods, and utensils. Members are asked to bring salads or desserts.
PA System: The Board will use a PA System at this year’s meeting. There will be a microphone for the Chair and other Board members to use and a second microphone at the Board table for members. The Chair will call on those who submitted requests to speak during the Member’s Forum and ask them to come to the table and use the microphone there to address the Board and the audience. Speakers will be given 3 minutes to speak. They will be timed, and the Chair will shut off the microphone if members do not follow the rules. Members can request more time. The owner of the Confluence will be available and will expel anyone who is disruptive or uses foul language.
Set Up: It will be Thursday at 1, and we must finish by 3. We will set up the tables and chairs in the configuration used in past years instead of how they were set up last year.
Treasurer’s Report: Debbie will distribute the final 2021 report and the to date 2022 report.
Voting and Counting: Two people, a member and a nonmember, have been selected to count votes. Proxy votes will be collected and monitored to make sure they are all included. A second vote will be held if not all positions are filled by candidates getting 51% or more of the vote. Voting will end with the second vote even if there are still open positions.
Member Forum: Mike and Megan McQuillan requested that weeds not be sprayed in front of their property on Shuck Creek Road and also along the unimproved portion of Shuck Creek Road that connects with Hammer Creek Road. They have health concerns over the spraying and also like to pick the raspberries and blackberries along the road. They agreed to keep the weeds and rose bushes cut down along the road. They were instructed to put signs up along their property. Susan will send them the form members are to complete and return to the Board if they don’t want spraying along their property. Mike and Megan McQuillan also shared with the Board an unfortunate incident involving their dogs and another property owner. This is not an issue that the Board can be involved in, so no details will be provided in the minutes, and the Board will take no action on the matter. Mark and Shelly Frayser did not speak during the forum.
Executive Session. Visitors were asked to leave for this discussion as it involves legal matters and a property owner. Details will not be posted here.
The Meeting was adjourned at 11:30 PM.
Susan Schubert, Secretary